I am a Christian. I am a gay man. Here is chronicle of my symbolic journey west, toward adventure, challenge, mystery and ultimately peace.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Dark Closet

This morning, I opened a closet door (a literal one, not a figurative one), flipped on the light switch, and after a little burst of blue light and a quiet puffing sound, the light bulb went out.

I tried to select clothes as well as I could in the dark. I'm already challenged enough in this department, and certainly didn't get any fashion sense when the gay card was issued to me. I wish Tim Gunn or the Queer Eye guys would stop by and help me out.

And it dawned on me like a light bulb (a figurative one, not a literal one) that it's dark inside this closet. Hmmmmmmm......

6 comments:

daveincleveland said...

and how many years have we spent in that dark closet......???hmmmmmmmm?

Nate said...

I spent years thinking I couldn't be gay because I am clothing / color challenged.

Geoff said...

It sure is dark in there......and color coordinated or not, if anyone gives you flak....remember it's the rainbow that issues that gay card and just say that was your inspiration!

daveincleveland said...

it was shortly after future mrs ex found out about me that was arranging some things in my closet one day and suddenly noticed that i have color coordinated the whole freekin closet without even knowing it..........omg must be gay....hehehe

Peterson Toscano said...

Yes, dark, cramped and so very lonely. Thanks for this.

Freedom Bound said...

And I never realised how damn uncomfortable my closet was till I stepped out....(the metaphorical one - though quite tempted to go and hide in the real one now and surprise the bf!! )

Fab blog btw.....