I am a Christian. I am a gay man. Here is chronicle of my symbolic journey west, toward adventure, challenge, mystery and ultimately peace.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Reward?




I'm guilty; I've been watching The Apprentice. For me, it's like a train wreck: I don't really want to watch, but when it happens I can't help but observe.

For those who have not partaken of The Apprentice, the reality contestants on the show form teams and compete in tasks to win the approval of Donald Trump. He generally kicks one person from the losing team out of the contest. The winning team players are safe from elimination and typically get some sort reward.

The funniest part of the most recent episode was the reward, a trip to the Playboy mansion. I suppose there is a legitimate reason to the contestants there, as Hugh Hefner is an incredibly successful businessman. But then Hugh throws a huge party complete with busty woman batting around a beach ball in the pool. Even NBC's website says: "For their reward, Kinetic goes to the Playboy Mansion to meet Hugh Hefner and hang out at the swimming pool with some of Playboy's special... assets"

The problem: Of the nine winners, there was only one straight male. Maybe he had a good time, but the other eight (7 women and 1 gay man) must have been thinking, "I cannot believe I'm here pretending to enjoy this party on national TV."

This sounds like something that would totally happen to me, and I would be seen on TV wondering, "Do you have anything in a male model?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we could leave that "cutie" for you, for the weekend.

We'll be back Saturday evening..

Enjoy