I am a Christian. I am a gay man. Here is chronicle of my symbolic journey west, toward adventure, challenge, mystery and ultimately peace.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Collide

There's just some neat stuff on YouTube. Where do people learn how to make these compilations?



I've always liked this song, Collide. So mellow, so relaxed, so easy to gently nod your head to the beat.

And then there's Brokeback Mountain...I remember going last winter. I remember how even buying a ticket at the movie theater was a challenge. Being alone, walking up to the mall box office and quietly asking for a ticket. I walked in the theater and the place was packed...with straight couples.

Once the film was over, I walked to my car and started the 15 minute drive home...in complete silence. No radio, no CDs, and hardly any traffic. Just me and my tears. It moved me so much. I wandered into my home and just sat, saying and doing nothing, but still crying.

I wondered if the tears would ever stop. Watching this clip made me cry again. The good kind of tears, I think, because I know I'm making progress. Slow and steady progress, with the hope that one day my life might collide with someone else's.

3 comments:

daveincleveland said...

it will, and you will look back on all this a realize that is was all worth it for what you have once you are with someone.....i know dude, goingthrough that same journey.....be patient, it will come

OreamnosAmericanus said...

Wandered in here, don't know how. Gay man, former RC priest...I know some of the turf you're on. Took me years to work thru it...Huge losses, huge gains, finally, no regrets...And thanks for the Brokeback video...that movie hit me like a shotgun to the heart..
tragic and so beautiful..
best to you as you head west.

andy said...

brokeback mountain film teach me that it is really important to spend our time with our love