I am a Christian. I am a gay man. Here is chronicle of my symbolic journey west, toward adventure, challenge, mystery and ultimately peace.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sick

Leave it to me, the guy who hasn't been seriously sick in years, to break that streak in a most unmistakable way. I went on vacation, and noticed not more than 5 hours after leaving home that I was getting sick. I tried to be valient, but two days later I finally gave in and headed to an ER to get some help for an infection. I spent the rest of my vacation trying to get better from the inside of a hotel and felt quite good as I was leaving for home, until...

While flying home I thought, "Why am I getting the sniffles?" Of course, that's because I was about to get sick AGAIN with something else. I am blessed with good insurance and the ability to take care of myself, but I still say being sick sucks.

For a while I was stuck, then I was sick. God, could I just please be neither of those??

2 comments:

daveincleveland said...

give it time friend, you will no longer be stuck or sick...your time is coming.......

Unknown said...

You got sick while on vacation... and you were flying on a PLANE.

These two facts may be related. The air is recycled in airplanes so they are notorious places for people to get sick which is the last thing you want to do while on vacation. Visiting a hospital can also make you sick.

There is an all natural product called "Airborne" that is supposed to boost your immune system and reduce the possibility of getting sick or from the initial symptoms of a cold from getting worse. Next time you travel, try it.

Also, you can carry anti-bacterial wipes to clean your hands after touching public restroom doors etc.

While we shouldn't become germ-phobic there is wisdom in taking certain precautions.

Rik Fleming