I am a Christian. I am a gay man. Here is chronicle of my symbolic journey west, toward adventure, challenge, mystery and ultimately peace.

Monday, June 18, 2007

One out of Two isn't bad

After a lengthy conversation with myself, during which I alternatively won and lost several times, I went to the gay pride celebration near me. Overall, I felt OK. I met a few people I knew (no surprises, though!). I really wanted to learn more about one organization with a booth, so I spent all my extroverted energy at once talking with someone I didn't know named Eric.

I didn't arrive with anyone, and just to calm any inquiring minds, I didn't go home with anyone either. LOL I just summoned some courage to go, and found that I survived.

Gay Pride...I think I at least one of those two words apply to me.

5 comments:

Jarred said...

I'm glad to hear you managed to go. It took me a long time to get up the nerve to attend pride events, and I'm glad my curiosity (or desire to actually meet other people) won out over my nervousness.

Though I will say that you were probably smart for not going home with anyone. ;)

daveincleveland said...

was this in cleveland by any chance.......so glad you went, didn't if feel great to be in your own element and wasn't it awesome to see other men holding hands or arms wrapped around each other...see what we have to look forward to......:)

Unknown said...

Hi,

I am new to the Gay-Christian-blogger scene. The Gay Pride parade in San Francisco, which is not too far from where I live, is this Sunday.

Am I going? Nope, I plan yo be in church worshiping God.

Would I go if it were on a Saturday? I do not know. As a conservative Christian who is in the struggle I can't relate to the Gay culture other than the fact that I have same sex attractions.

I also don't understand the point of a parade whether it is a St. Pattricks Day, Thanksgiving Day, 4th of July or a Gay parade. Why walk down the middle of the street with balloons, signs, and wave at others.

I remember one Sunday I was in S.F. and I did not know that it was G.P. Day. I was trying to visit a church in the city and got stuck in traffic from hell! Streets are for cars, NOT people! Go to the park, the beach, a stadium but please get off the damn road!

Rik

OreamnosAmericanus said...

Hi. Speaking of gay pride, I have a post on my blog about it, thirty years after "becoming gay"...
if it's of interest:
http://usmalesf.blogspot.com/

I hope some day you find your way to being able to experience the combination of affection, honor, passion and comfort that you can find in the love of another man. It makes me believe in God.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!