I am a Christian. I am a gay man. Here is chronicle of my symbolic journey west, toward adventure, challenge, mystery and ultimately peace.

Friday, December 29, 2006

I'm OK; You're OK (I hope)


I've often said that this blog is for me, and if anyone stopped by to read along, all the better. I throw around a lot of thoughts here, and am encouraged by comments from fellow travelers, from people I did not even know were also traveling with me. I'm glad you're here. Well, I wish you weren't necessarily right "here", because "here" can be a tough spot and often you and I would rather be "there." In any case, I thank you for the honor of sharing your journey with me.

So I take this slight diversion from my stream of conscienceness to specifically talk with my fellow travelers, however many or few of you there are. It occurred to me that I put a lot of depressing stuff on this blog. Usually that's because I come here, to my tiny piece of electronic real estate, when I need to process and think and perhaps even vomit up whatever is going on with me. So you see and read about me at some of the valleys, and not many of the higher points.

I'm certainly not done with this journey; I've actually just begun. But I pause near the end of 2006 to let you know I'm OK. Not every day is good, but most days I believe I will make it. Where I'm headed is unclear, but I will make it. And often the reason I keep blogging on those rotten days is to erect the appropriate mileposts (pun intended) along this journey of mine. It helps to recall where I've been; and a sliver of is beginning to believe that those dismal posts will eventually be a great piece of my story, serving as fuel for a light I may someday hold to encourage other journeyers and help them to believe too.

So I'm OK.

Not great.

Not 100% at peace.

But OK.

I hope you are too. And if you're not OK, that in and of itself is OK.

4 comments:

KJ said...

Me - Sometimes great, sometimes not. Sometimes OK, sometimes not. Usually at peace, but the providence of God has brought some difficult times in the past couple of years that, in the end, remind me that I have little control over things that matter. I usually can rest at those times, not always. I guess I'm not as perfect as I'd like to be.

Here's to joy in the journey and peace of Christ!

Peterson Toscano said...

Here in Scotland where I've been for the past 4 weeks, I've noticed obelisks sticking up on various hills commemorating some famous man. It's like they are erecting penises on high ridges and hills.

I appreciate your milesposts more as they are ones I can understand. You so often speak my language and I feel pleased to have a fellow travelers in you.

Happy New Years. May it be a year of openings for you.

BentonQuest said...

Happy New Year!

The good thing is although there are valleys, there are also hill tops, if not mountain tops. We cannot always be on the top, and that is ok. There are people who are here for you, no matter what is happening in your life.

Rob Bittner said...

journeys. they're intense. i'm on a hell of a journey and every day is so different. one day i'm the happiest guy on earth and the next i want to throw myself in front of the bus as it pulls in to my stop. but i'm OK. i read your posts and i realize that it's okay to be OK, not necessarily great or fantastic or (dare I say it) fabulous.

i'm okay. i'm glad you are too.