I am a Christian. I am a gay man. Here is chronicle of my symbolic journey west, toward adventure, challenge, mystery and ultimately peace.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Peterson Toscano

I want to give some recognition to a fellow blogger and journeyman. Peterson Toscano travels the world performing his collection of self-written theatrical dramas which details his own journey through an ex-gay ministry. And though I maintain some anonymity here, I will say that I have seen one of Peterson's dramas and even had a chance to meet him and visit with him at length. He is an incredibly nice guy and I grew from the experience.

Peterson wrote something at his blog which I have revisited many many times. In his post titled The Bible and Homosexuality, he makes a compelling case that many people have not fully pondered how faith and sexuality interact, and points his readers toward God to continue working out the issues. I have begun to consider just which parts of my faith I have taken at face value without ever examining them. In my opinion, a faith worth having and a faith worth building my life on ought to be open for inspection, and where necessary, adjustment.

I just merely wanted to say, "Thanks, Peterson" for your words and the amazing transparency with which you deliver them. Drop by his blog; you will be better for the time you spend there. And I hope it does not bother him too much to find his picture here.

3 comments:

KJ said...

Peterson is great. I've never gotten to see him perform live, and sure would like to. It's on my "must do before I die" list.

One of the biggest blessings of my journey has been the opportunity to experience my faith for myself rather than just riding on the "momentum' of my faith heritage. That brought a vitality and joy to my spiritual walk that it had never had before.

Peace

Eric said...

I concur with you Journeyman, Peterson is an awesome guy!

I've had the privilege of seeing his show and i've had the honor and blessing of having coffee/lunch with him on two occassions (so far - looking forward to more!).

He's an incredibly insightful and down to earth guy that just loves....loves God, loves life, loves others, and healthily loves himself.

He's a huge blessing!

Peterson Toscano said...

wow, thank you for these kind, affirming words. As I prepare for 2007, it helps to have your encouragement. Thank you.
-peterson