I am a Christian. I am a gay man. Here is chronicle of my symbolic journey west, toward adventure, challenge, mystery and ultimately peace.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

You


You.

Try as I might, I cannot stop thinking of you. I cry over you. I dream of you. Over and over and over.

The time we spent together, though short, was wonderful. My words were few, but my heart was full. When you first hugged me, I felt wonderful, and I wanted you to feel wonderful too. I could have stood there all night, hugging you. When you walked around your car to open the passenger door for me, I melted. When you took my hand, I did not want to let go. When you kissed me, your face lit only by the quiet moonlight of the night, I was both lost and found at the same time.

You held me, and I held you. I cried as you held me, but could hardly explain why. I fell asleep in your arms, or maybe you fell asleep in mine. I suppose I cannot quite remember. There was peace.

But now? You are so Far Away. Every time Nickleback's newest radio release plays through my car, you are there. I imagine dancing slowly with you, with my head on your shoulder. But I cannot leave my head there, because I want to see your eyes too, to watch your face and see your brilliant smile.

Thank you. I miss You.

2 comments:

andy said...

you are so romantic....

andy said...

you are so romantic